Asthma NZ/UNITEC Distance Learning COPD Nursing Course (15 credits)
The programme is offered by distance learning. The primary aim of COPD Nursing Course is to provide nursing health professionals with a high level of COPD knowledge that promotes best practice, based on available evidence, and is consistent with national policy.
Of the many nurses who have enrolled in the Course, most had not undertaken any academic learning & students found the COPD course to be very challenging, but a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
This course is available to all Registered Nurses. Information about Asthma New Zealand/UNITEC Chronic Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Nursing Course:
- The COPD Nursing Course is endorsed with 15 credits
- Course is over one semester
- You will be awarded an Asthma New Zealand Certificate
- Course is interactive, evidence based, distance learning
- Work at your own pace within the timeframe
- Approximately 7-8 hours of study is required per week (including written work) this is dependent on your current study experience and practice knowledge
- The Course is equivalent to 150 hours of study. Included in this is your own practice doing what you do every day: looking after patients who have COPD
- Support is there just when you need it: just send an email, fax or phone the course co-ordinator
- Network with others doing the same course and learn from experts in a clinical skills session on devices hopefully close to your own local area
- Assessment of knowledge required to successfully complete the course is 2 assignments
- Content is designed by skilled nurse educators who understand what it is like to be in your shoes juggling work, home and study and the ever-changing demands of contemporary healthcare - they have been supported by the leading experts in medicine, nursing and health management
- Course content is supported by readings to simplify your study, but you are also encouraged to find your own resources. It is not compulsory to read all of the supplied reading
- While you are participating in the course you are an enrolled student of Unitec, you can use their library, Internet and learning resource environments
- Marking is done by Asthma New Zealand
The COPD Nursing Course is subsidised by Asthma New Zealand. Cost is $250 (the unsubsidised course cost through UNITEC is over $1000).
For an application please contact email@example.com